We want Hermannplatz and its surrounding area to remain our neighborhood and our home.
We do not need a huge new construction with hotels, overpriced office buildings and luxury apartments!
This is why we demand:
- Preservation and environmentally sensitive handling of the Karstadt building
- The securing of workplaces and businesses inside the building and its surrounding area
- A city development that prioritizes the interests of the people from the neighborhoods
- Protection, space and respect for the people: the discriminated, the refugees the poor and the homeless
- New housing in the neighborhood for those who have already been displaced from the neighborhood
We want to continue to hang out on Hermannplatz, lay down, sit, chat, argue, love, protest, cry, eat, drink, burp, laugh, fight, dance and complain without being watched, judged or marginalized. We take our right to the city and dream of a better World.